Fundraising & Investor Relations Manager at Auqa-Spark
Last updated by
Are you looking for a great opportunity to work as a Fundraising and Investor Relations Manager? Do you like to work at a fast growing global investment fund active in innovative solutions to food security and ocean conservation through aquaculture? Do you like to exponentially build your global professional and personal network? Then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
Aqua-Spark is a global investment fund based in Utrecht, that makes investments in sustainable aquaculture businesses that generate investment returns, while creating positive social and environmental impact. The fund is building an ecosystem of small to medium sized enterprises across the global aquaculture value chain to make aquaculture more sustainable, healthier and more accessible for all.
Fundraising and Investor Relations Manager (FR&IR) (32-40 hrs, Utrecht, The Netherlands)
The primary responsibility for the FR&IR Manager will be to raise capital for the fund, and help further develop an integrated investor relations strategy. The IR Manager will look after Limited Partner operations, from prospecting and raising capital to keeping LPs informed and engaged with the fund. The IR Manager will work alongside the finance, legal and deal team and the fund administrator. Besides that you are good humoured, have a positive attitude and love to work in an entrepreneurial organisation within a great team. You report to the Development & Investor Relations Director.
- Plan and execute fundraising initiatives to HNWI, Family Offices, Fund-of Funds, Institutional Investors and Corporate
- Strategic investors;
- Seek out and analyse potential funding sources and opportunities;
- Further develop and improve the fund’s IR framework around keeping current and prospective LPs engaged and Informed;
- Manage an extensive pipeline of current and prospective LPs;
- Prepare, update and distribute internal and external communication materials including PPM, quarterly reports, investment announcements, Annual Investor call, Q&A materials, etc.;
- Support diligence requests and provide professional customer service on incoming inquiries;
- Set, prepare for, and participate in investor meetings, developing pre-meeting briefs and executing post-meeting follow ups;
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with existing and prospective LPs and other ecosystem partners;
- Making sure to being updated about all aspects of the fund and the aquaculture industry to be able to inform the followers and the network;
- Develop and set up a CRM database in line with the company needs and needs of the other departments;
- Overseeing investor services with the fund administrator to ensure information is correct and up-to-date and finalize the investment process with new incoming investors, assist in the subscription process, KYC check, Fund Administration etc.;
- Assist with planning and execution of investor related events;
- Data analysis;
- Any other task required / project assigned for general IR function.
Required personal skills
You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business/similar discipline and at least 5 years of experience in a similar position, i.e. in (impact) investing, corporate finance or business development.
What do you need to be successful?
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to draft profession high level reports and messages for prospective and current investors;
- Strong understanding of financial reports, analytic methods;
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced work environment with changing priorities, including occasional travel and public speaking/pitching to various audiences;
- Entrepreneurial, team player, innovative, flexible and open-minded, creative thinker, ability to adapt to a fast moving and non-traditional working environment;
- Strong project management skills and self-motivated in taking the initiative, both with respect to managing workload and own professional development;
- Eager to learn, broad interests with an understanding of world business, financial affairs and an awareness of trends and current activity in the relevant markets of aqua-/agriculture/ global food production industry;
- Alignment with Aqua-Spark values and interested toward key components of the Aqua-Spark approach;
- Proficient in Apple, Microsoft Office, Excel, familiarity with databases and excellent IT/computer skills in general;
- High personal integrity, including the capacity to discretely handle highly confidential and sensitive information;
- High energy and positive team member.
For more information or if you would like to apply directly, please contact Marjolein Jetten by sending an e-mail. We look forward to receiving your application!
- Aandelen opties
- Investor Relations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fundraising : 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- English (Required)