Crew Member at Five Guys
Last updated by
Five Guys: Handcrafted Career Opportunities Since 1986
Picture this. You’re on the early shift. You rock up at 8 AM. You meet your friends/colleagues… and then it’s action time. Hand-forming beef patties for those juicy burgers. Cutting big bags of potatoes that will soon be delicious fries. Making salted caramel from scratch for a tasty milkshake mix-in. You’re actually learning how to cook and rocking out to the music while you do it.
It’s mornings like these that inspire the Five Guys philosophy: great burgers and fries, crafted in a clean restaurant run by friendly staff. All of this depends on our crew members, which is why we want our employees to feel pride and ownership in the work they do each day.
About Five Guys:
In 1986, when Jerry and Janie Murrell asked their four young sons, “do you want to start a business, or go to college?” and their answer changed their lives forever. Five Guys, the burger joint with a cult-like following, now has over 1,600 locations worldwide serving the same hand-formed burgers cooked to perfection on a grill along with fresh-cut fries cooked in peanut oil. It’s been hard work, but as Jerry says “if it’s not fun, then why do it?”
What will you be doing?
We have a unique work environment where you’re trained to work every position in the restaurant. From the register, to the grill, to morning prep and evening close, our crew members become a team working in all aspects of the restaurant.
We also have a unique crew bonus program that provides the opportunity to earn bonuses through the secret shopper program, giving our crew members the opportunity to earn much higher incomes.
We have an open kitchen experience so it’s fun and it’s loud with lots of team communication. The crew’s burger creation is part of the customer experience.
So, what’s it take to be a successful Five Guys crew member?
- Energy & Stamina – it’s a team-based work environment and crew energy is important.
- Ability To Work At A Fast Pace – Our kitchen’s have a lot going on and there’s lots of on-the-line communication and job rotation. It’s not for everybody.
- Good Communication – Our crew is vocal and supports and works with each other on what’s happening in real-time during each shift.
- Love For Burgers and loud music – We make some of the best burgers and fries in the biz and do it to the sounds of tunes. Yes, singing is encouraged.
- Caring About Your Teammates – Always working for the success of your team.
To be eligible to apply you should be:
- 16 years old or over
- Speak English OR Dutch
- Ideally interested in working several days per week, however we offer many different options on hours from 8 to 40 per week
Apply for this position
To apply for this position, please send us your CV to: email@example.com or get in touch via this email if you have any questions.